Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Power of Positive Thinking

I have to admit, it is hard to rearrange your thinking. To take those negative or nonchalant thoughts and make them positive. There are a lot of thoughts in a day that need to be refocused.

But. (There is always a but.)

In the midst of my trying, I have seen success of my positive thoughts, of my gratitude I am trying to express in the everyday. Some of these things are seemingly silly, but they mean a lot to me. Call them little achievements if you will.

Positive Thought #1:
I play soccer on a ladies rec league. I am an ok player; last year was my first season, and I feel I have come a long way. This year, I have been thinking positively about my skills. I set goals in my head for two things: That I will be able to kick the ball and give it a lot of air and that I will get a goal this year.
So far, I have learned how to kick the ball and get the air I want. I can send it soaring (well, not soaring, but pretty darn high...hehehe). I have not gotten the goal yet, but 2 games ago, I took a shot on the net. Pretty fantastic considering I am not a striker for the team!!!

Positive Thought #2:
(Here's where it gets stretched a bit...) I have run out of my coffee at work and I keep forgetting to grind up more at home to bring in. I detest the coffee that is made at work, so I avoid it at all costs. This morning I was putting the thought out there that it would be nice to have a decent cup of coffee. And lo and behold, Tricia walks over to ask if I want to do a coffee run with her. Mmmmm....Starbucks coffee for me.

Positive Thought #3:
(And now it's just kind of ironic and funny) I bought a lotto ticket the other day for the draw last night. Remembering to think in the present tense, yesterday after dinner I said to my roomie, "I am so happy now that I have won the lottery tonight!!" So this morning, I checked my ticket...and...da da da dahhhh!!!!!!!!!! I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was not the jackpot (clearly, if I had won the jackpot, this would have been the first point in this list...actually, this list would not be written because I'd be on my way to claim the jackpot...), it was $10. But still! It's ten more dollars than I had yesterday!!

And that is my sharing for the day. I'll remember to keep thinking in positive terms, and it will all come up roses!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.